In many parts of the world, students are heading back to school or university. The last thing on their minds is all the technology that makes a modern education possible. But you know better. If you work in the academic sector, you’ve been hard at work for months getting everything in place so they can login to the school portal, print from anywhere, reset their passwords (whenever someone dumps them), pick their classes securely, and so much more.
From file management, to email and scheduling for students and faculty, to wireless printing, to mobile and device management, to secure login, to disaster recovery planning, Micro Focus technology is a major player in the world’s academic institutions.
And now that Micro Focus has more products in the arsenal than ever before, we thought it would be awesome to find out what kinds of creative things you are doing with Micro Focus products to make things run better in the schools and universities you work in. Great excuse to have another contest, right?
Here’s the deal
Write a nicely detailed essay or article explaining the creative ways you use Micro Focus products in your school or university. This is Cool Solutions, so don’t spare any delicious technical details.
We love to see how you guys get creative with our products, especially when you are up against challenges—like having to integrate with some crazy software dictated by the government. Or you have a pile of old or varied hardware in your labs, and you have to come up with some masterful MacGyver moves to get your products to function across it all. We especially appreciate those times when you come up with some clever use of a product that the engineers who built it probably never imagined.
Insider Tip: Judges will favor entries that include more than one Micro Focus product, amped up with your creativity.
- Minimum length: 250 words
- Deadline: 31 October 2017 (Halloween)
- Email entries to: firstname.lastname@example.org,
Essays should describe how you use Micro Focus products from a technical aspect and how they have helped you do things like:
- Meet the needs of students and faculty
- Comply with policies and regulations
- Save time, money, or resources
- Entries must be about products that you have used or are currently using
- Entries will be judged by a panel of product marketers and three winners will be chosen. Winning essays will be chosen based on the quality of the submission as determined by the judges.
- Top three winners will receive the prizes as shown, if available, or the winners may choose Amazon gift cards as follows:
Barracuda Carry-on “Smart” Luggage
GQ calls it “The #1 Most Convenient Carry-on.” Trusted Reviews says it’s the travel and lifestyle brand that has “perfected luggage.“ The Verge proclaims it as the one carry-on bag that’ll instantly make you “the coolest person in the airport.” And ThePointsGuy declares it “The State-of-the-Art” in smart, stylish luggage.
OR Amazon Gift card: $250
ASUS ZenWatch 3 WI503Q-GL-DB 1.39-inch AMOLED Smart Watch with dark brown leather strap with ASUS ZenWatch 3 Stand, Artifex Charging Dock Stand for ZenWatch3, New 3d Printed Technology, Smartwatch Cradle (Zen 3)
OR Amazon Gift card: $200
Or Amazon Gift Card for $175
(Amazon cards are available in different geos.)
Don’t be shy! Enter early, and enter often. No limit to the number of entries you can submit.
- All entries that are eligible for publication will receive a free Micro Focus Community t-shirt.
- Winning entries will be published on the Micro Focus community site as well as the Micro Focus blog*
- Entries must be the original work of the submitter. Plagiarized work will be immediately disqualified.
- Screenshots and images are encouraged, but must be the property of the submitter
- All entries not selected as winners are still eligible for publication on the Micro Focus Community and the Micro Focus blog (pending the technical review process).
- Once the contest has concluded, eligible pieces may still be used for community posts and the authors will receive Community Rewards points for their work as usual.
- By participating in the contest, you agree to these rules, and that all decisions made by Micro Focus regarding the contest shall be final.
- All taxes associated with receipt or use of award are the sole responsibility of the winner. Micro Focus reserves the right to withhold any taxes if required by applicable law.
By participating in the contest, each participant grants to Micro Focus (including its corporate affiliates and licensees) a non-exclusive, worldwide, fully paid, royalty-free, perpetual license, with the right to sublicense, to reproduce, distribute, use, exploit, transmit, create derivative works of, publicly display and publicly perform the contents of the participant’s essay (including graphics, sound effects, video, audio, animation, screen shots, text, other creative output, and ideas for new or improved products or services) or other content submitted in connection with the contest.
Participants will be given the opportunity to select which of their and their companies’ information may be shared by Micro Focus in promotional activities. Participant consents to Micro Focus’ (including its corporate affiliates and licensees) use of his or her name (unless the winner requests that his or her name not be used) in perpetuity throughout the world in any media for all business purposes including advertising and promotional activities, without additional compensation, notice or approval, unless prohibited by law.