When our old PCs leave the Company, we must wipe the disks with the DBAN Tool from SourceForge.
In the background we must boot the PC from Disk, CD or USB Stick to start the DBAN Tool, but not all of our PCs have the possibilty to do this, so we integrated the tool in the ZENworks Preboot Menu and then we can boot from the network.
- Download the DBAN for installation on floppy disks and USB Flash Drives from
- With the downloaded EXE, create a bootable USB Stick with DBAN.
- Copy the whole contents of the stick to the ZENworks tftp Directory.
(For example – sys:\tftp\Dban)
- In the sys:\tftp\cmd Directory create a filecalled dban.cmd
- Edit the dban.cmd file like this:
LABEL autonuke KERNEL /dban/kernel.bzi APPEND initrd=dban/initrd.gz root=/dev/ram0 init=/rc nuke="dwipe --autonuke" silent
or read the DBAN Documentation for other Options.
- Modify the DEFMENU.DAT File with the MEDITOR.EXE Tool from Novell to start
the dban.cmd File.