By Punya Mall
How many times have you raced to the printer to grab that confidential printout before anyone else could see it? Now imagine if the print job would wait for you to be present near any printer, and even await your command to release the printout. Would that be wonderful?
With WalkUp printing, part of the upcoming iPrint Appliance 2.0 release, this will be a reality. This nifty feature enables:
- Confidentiality of your print jobs
- The convenience of releasing your print jobs to any compatible printer
- Cost savings by preventing unwanted accidental printing and reducing paper waste
And that’s not all. In the iPrint Appliance 2.0 release, you also get many more features that make printing, deployment and maintenance much more convenient, secure and easy. It is good news for end users as well as administrators.
Some of the other cool features are:
- Server can do basic printing from iOS and Android devices outside of the iPrint App
- Improved workflow assists administrators in configuring and creating the first set of mobile printers with fewer clicks.
- One-click Appliance-to-Appliance migration
- Enhanced support for third-party print accounting solutions with direct printing
- Enhanced support for desktop and mobile apps on the latest platforms
- Improved printer installation experience with Chrome/Firefox/IE, meaning fewer helpdesk calls
- Many more bug fixes improving the entire deployment experience of the product, including all key fixes and enhancements from 1.1 patch releases
Do you want to check out how iPrint Appliance 2.0 is shaping up before it’s released? Click here to enroll in the beta program and try it for yourself.