In the next couple weeks we will be releasing a new version of Filr. Here is a preview of some of the changes you can expect to see in Filr 2.0:
Files on Demand:
- With Files on Demand Desktop Clients, you don’t need to download all of your files from the Filr server. Instead, you can download only the files you need just by opening the file. This new feature offers many advantages, including quick provisioning, super-fast file syncs, lower network load, and low hard disk usage.
Added support for:
- Citrix XenServer hypervisor support: more options to host Filr Virtual appliance
- Support for MariaDB: the vibrant open source database, which will help you bring down TCO further
- Support for the latest operating systems—Windows 10, Mac 10.11, iOS 9
- Apart from data on Novell Storage Services (NSS), Open Enterprise Server users can now connect to data stored on NSS-Active Directory, which comes with Open Enterprise Server 2015
New connector to SharePoint 2013 On Premises:
- Reclaim all your files from SharePoint document libraries with Filr’s ease and control. This connector enables you to use the SharePoint data without moving it anywhere. And because SharePoint 2013 ACLs are mapped to Filr Roles, you won’t have to spend much time on permissions.
Ability to customize Filr file share email notifications:
- Now you can add your organization-specific disclaimer text or image to the email notifications that are sent out when a file is shared via Filr.
Proxy identity vault:
- Manage your Net Folder Server Credentials with more ease with proxy identity vault.
The ability to configure user and group visibility:
- This new feature makes it even easier to manage Filr for different groups and departments in your organization. If you are a host partner, this helps you host multiple clients on a single Filr virtual appliance, thus lowering TCO.
Performance enhancements for Windows Net Folders:
- Enhanced performance offers incredibly fast access to files and folders on NTFS.
- Access restrictions to Filr virtual appliance enhances security.
Enhanced support for KeyShield SSO
- This enhancement includes support for custom user name attribute alias.
iOS document picker and provider extension integration:
- Now you can open and edit your Filr files with mobile applications supporting the document extension capabilities (e.g., Microsoft Office, Apple Pages, etc.).
Enforce PIN setting on iOS and Android mobile apps:
- Ensure that users accessing files via their own device do so more securely by requiring a PIN code to access files in Filr.
- Client and Administrator REST API (follows Filr 2.0 release): Automate your Filr tasks and also integrate Filr with other systems using Filr SDK.
Built-in feedback for product improvement:
- Filr 2.0 can collect statistics from your Filr server about system configuration, most frequently used features, and any system problems. This information is sent back to Micro Focus to help us improve Filr. Note that this is optional and doesn’t link to your identity. You can also preview the information collected.
Thanks for reading!