We’re ready with our first Technical Preview of Filr 2017. In case you missed Dev’s post about Filr 2017, here is a list of the new features:
- Net Folder sharing: Now share not just files but also folders inside Net Folders via Micro Focus Filr 2017 both with your teams and your external partners.
- Simplified patching: We are simplifying our patching mechanism. Our goal is to help you get all the patches and some of the new features via the patch channel, thus, IT admins will not need to download each patch separately from the patch download page and upload to Micro Focus Filr 2017. Instead, IT admins will be able to see all the available patches from their appliance’s administrative console and chose when to apply them.
- Rebranding from Novell to Micro Focus: We are letting go of the red N and moving to Micro Focus blue. All the icons and colors are getting updated.
- Custom Brand your Micro Focus Filr 2017 mobile & desktop clients: You can now replace the Micro Focus logos and colors on the mobile apps and desktop client to match your organization’s logos and colors.
- Support for SMBv2 for OES2015 NSS-AD shares: We continue to enhance our support for OES 2015. With Micro Focus Filr 2017 we have upgraded the access protocol for improved performance.
- Register & wipe Filr data on desktop clients: Lost device shouldn’t mean lost data. We have added the ability to register all the desktop clients with the Micro Focus Filr 2017 appliance, and provide the IT admin the ability to wipe user’s local data saved within Filr, in case the device is lost.
- Mandate & record acceptance of Terms and Conditions for external users: To help you meet regulatory compliance, we now provide the option to mandate acceptance of Terms and Conditions of your choice for external users.
If you’re already a member of our Technical Preview community, you can go to the Technical Preview workspaces, or click here – https://vibe.novell.com/novl/workspace/technical_preview for access. Please remember that we changed the program in the fall of 2015 so that once you are a member, you have access to all the Technical Previews and do not need to re-sign-up each time.
If you are not yet a member of the Technical Preview Program, you can sign up here – https://vibe.novell.com/novl/workspace/technical_preview_registration