I am running SUSE Linux 10.2, and I have Firefox set as my default web browser in the system. And yet GroupWise still sends URLs to “kfmclient”. How can I get GroupWise to recognize my default Linux browser?
GroupWise for Linux does not have an option for setting the default web browser. I have read that it is supposed to use the system’s default web browser, but that is not true.
After exhausting all of the more reasonable paths, I finally came up with this hack:
1. Go to where kfmclient is found (which I found using “which kfmclient”):
2. Change the name of kfmclient in case you ever want to use it again:
sudo mv kfmclient kfmclient.bak
3. Create a new kfmclient file with the following text in it:
sudo vi kfmclient
4. Type the following into the new kfmclient:
# Strip 'exec' off the front of the URL since GroupWise tacks that on if [ $1 == "exec" ]; then shift fi # Send the remaining arguments to firefox /usr/bin/firefox $@
5. Make the new file executable:
sudo chmod +x kfmclient
After I did that, the URLs I clicked on in GroupWise came up in Firefox just fine!
- SUSE Linux 10.2
- GroupWise 6.5