Problem: NetWare 6.5 sp6 server abends when apache2.nlm tries to load. OS would load fine. Abend would occur immediately after apache2.nlm would load. Server runs GW WebAccess 7.02hp only.
Abend is: Deadlock detected waiting for spinlock currently owned by CPU NLM’s at the top of the stack are nile.nlm and nwutil.nlm
- Upgraded to NW 6.5 sp7. This did not correct the issue.
- Upgraded server firmware to latest date. This did not correct the issue.
- Disabled hyperthreading in the bios. This did not correct the issue.
- Attempted to uninstall sp7 to undo changes. This did not correct the issue.
- Per novell – there was corruption with the install of sp7. attempted to reinstall sp7. Still had the same problem.
- Because of corruption – manually tried to upgrade the files. Still had problem.
- GroupWise WebAccess team verified wasn’t their issue. Web Services team verified it wasn’t their issue. Both said was an OS problem.
- Disabled ASR within the BIOS. Rem’d out “c:\acpidrv.psm” out of the startup.ncf file. Now apache2.nlm would load but would receive page fault abends with nile.nlm in the stack.
- Per Novell Support. Manually copy over the nile.nlm and the nwutil.nlm from sp6 to the box and restart server.
- Server OS came up clean. apache2.nlm came up clean and the GW WebAccess software loaded successfully.
Note: This issue was discovered on one of our servers by Christina Cline. I was assisting in the resolution of the issue. Gotta give cred where it is due!