Today I’m pleased to announce that GroupWise 2014 R2 and GroupWise Mobility Service 2014 R2 have shipped!
These two releases capstone a year that has seen some significant events in 2015 for the GroupWise family. Just to recap some of the events in 2015!
- Messenger 3.0 with mobile apps released
- Ideas portal for GroupWise launched
- GroupWise 12 moves to extend support phase of its lifecycle
- GroupWise released two major support packs for 12.0.4. and 14.0.2
- Collaboration Community Webinars launched
- GroupWise & GroupWise Mobility 2014 R2 Ship
In upcoming posts I will be sharing with you the great things we plan to deliver in 2016, but let’s save that for another day and celebrate 2014 R2 shipping!
If you noticed, this release is the first time GroupWise and GroupWise Mobility have shared the same version number (14.2). This is done intentionally. In order to simplify administration and eliminate confusion you can now see what version of GroupWise the Mobility Service is designed for, tested against and supported with. With this release we will support GroupWise Mobility Service 2014 R2 against GroupWise 2014 and later. Although we highly encourage you to upgrade your entire system to GroupWise 2014 R2 in order to recognize the full benefits.
There are literally too many enhancements, features and quality improvements to list here, but I do want to just touch on the highlights that these two combined releases offer to GroupWise customers:
- Native Mac Clients support against GroupWise with CalDAV/CardDAV
- Official support for Microsoft Outlook as a client via ActiveSync
- Flag items for Follow Up in the mailbox/mobile and sync
- No Delete/No Archive Folders
- Photos in the System Address Book
- Quick Response
- Auto remove proxy access and proxy calendars for deleted users
- Sent Items properties enhancements
- Invite to appointments
- Propose New Time for appointments
- Signature enhancements
- Photos in WebAccess
I am very excited for our customers to start realizing the benefits and the hard work of our engineering team. They deserve a huge round of applause for this significant release. I would also like to thank our Beta and Lighthouse customers who took the time each week to call in and work with us to make this the best release possible. We couldn’t have done it without you. For more information about GW 2014 R2 please visit our web site.