For those who are not familiar with Novell’s Lighthouse program, let me catch you up.
Lighthouse is a program that Novell uses in the final stages of development. We work with a few chosen customers (whom we refer to as “Lighthouse Customers”) who agree to deploy the software in their production environment prior to the final product shipping.
This is an extremely valuable tool for Novell and our Engineering department to determine that the product is ready for production and ready to ship. By the time we add Lighthouse customers in the development cycle, we have already completed the Authorized Beta, and Novell has been using the product in our production system for some time.
This all sounds great, and based on what past Lighthouse customers have said, it is. Nonetheless, I know what you’re thinking: Whats in it for me?
The benefits of being a lighthouse customer are many, but they include:
- Personal assistance from Novell in deploying and supporting the product
- The opportunity to work with the GroupWise Engineering and QA teams, as well as product management, to provide significant input on the final shipping product
- The chance to serve as a “Success Story” when the project is completed
I tell you all this because we’re currently in search of customers to participate in our Lighthouse program for GroupWise Mobility Service 2.1. If you are interested, and you think your organization has what it takes to help us make this the best release it can be, I’m extending the invitation for you to contact me. Please understand that this is a limited program and I will only be able to accept a couple of applications.
The Ideal Lighthouse account that we are looking for would have a configuration similar to the following:
- Die-hard Novell customer anxious to get on the new version of GMS
- GroupWise 2012 or 2014 installed
- 100 – 500 mobile users
- Both iOS & Andriod devices (BlackBerry and Windows devices would be a plus as well) – we are looking for a diverse set of supported devices
- A current GroupWise Mobility 2.01 user
- Solid IS&T department that would be willing to get this deployed quickly. (Please no “tire kickers” 🙂
- Able to sign a Lighthouse Agreement and Non Disclosure Agreement (NDA)
If you think you are an ideal candidate and would like to participate in our Lighthouse program, please contact me by clicking on my name at the top of this post, then choosing the Contact Me link. From there, all I need is your contact information, a brief description of your environment, and why you would be interested in participating as a Lighthouse customer.
Thanks, and I look forward to working with you as we prepare GMS 2.1 for release!