Novell announces the immediate availability of Update 3 for the Novell Data Synchronizer Mobility Pack. We continue to build on the quality and robust capability of Update 1 and Update 2, which shipped in December 2011 and March 2012, respectively.
This release, like Update 1 and Update 2, is focused primarily on defect fixes. In the last two months we’ve addressed more than 100 issues, almost 40 had been marked with a Services Priority indicating customer visibility and more urgent customer need.
You should all know very well how to get the latest update, but for your reference – you can download Update 3 from Novell Customer Care Center or PatchFinder.
Many customers have been very pleased with the reliabilty upon reliabilty that we have added to the Mobility component of our collaboration portfolio. This release will make more of our customers satisfied and build confidence in where we are going.
Here are few of the things that have been specifically addressed in this update.
- Improved Handling of Attachments: Performance issues with processing attachment have been resolved.
- Improved Handling of Recurring Appointments: Issues with the first instance of recurring appointments have been resolved.
- Improved Handling of Contacts: Several issues with contact synchronization have been resolved.
- Improved Character Set Display: Additional languages display correctly in messages and attachments.
In addition to bug fixes, Mobility Pack 1.2.3 allows admins additional device control:
- Maximum Number of Devices per User: In the Web Admin tool, you can set a limit on the number of devices that each user can connect to your Mobility system.
Check out the readme for more detail.