How do you get the address information from all your business contacts into an application such as Microsoft Excel to use for a mailing? You enter so much information in GroupWise, there’s got to be a way to export the information for use in other applications.
Here’s the best way I’ve found …
1. Open GW Addressbook.
2. Choose the desired Address Book.
3. Select File > Export.
4. Choose the desired option (whole AB or selected entries).
5. Save to a *.NAB file at the desired location.
6. Open Miocrosoft Excel.
7. Create a new sheet.
8. Select Data > Import external data > Import data (these menu items my vary – I’ve just transated them from German excel).
9. Find and select your saved *.NAB file to open (select ‘All Files (*.*)’ as
The text conversion wizard/assistant pops up (if installed).
10. Run through that wizard with your options.
You’re done! All tre contacts are listed in your Excel spreadsheet, ready for further processing.