Creating EVMS partitions on a clean disk machine:
- Click Partitioning on the Installation Settings screen and select Create EVMS Based Proposal and click Next.
- It creates a boot partition and lvm container with EVMS volumes on the second partition.
Creating EVMS partitions on top of existing partitions:
If the server has the partitions created already with a previous installation, delete the old partitions and create the EVMS partitions new.
Follow the steps below to clean up the disk and create the partitions.
- Choose Create Custom Partition Setup
- Then select disk
- Press the button Use entire hard disk and choose the Create EVMS Based Proposal option.
- It goes back to the Installation Settings screen with the EVMS partitions created.
It then deletes the existing partitions and creates a new boot partition and lvm container with EVMS volumes.
Upgrading a single hard disk server with the EVMS partition:
- Install OES 2 SP1 with EVMS Partitioning to create NSS pools and Volumes.
- Down the server and upgrade to OES 2 SP2. During System for Update screen, while mounting the partitions, it shows a window saying the /dev/evms/sda1 could not be mounted.
- Select the button “Specify Mount options“.
- By default the path under Device will be /dev/evms/sda1.
- Edit the Device to remove evms i.e /dev/evms/sda1 to /dev/sda1, then click OK.
- Start the Update on the EVMS Partitioned server.