Happy New Year!
Over the past few months the Filr team has been working on building some very useful capabilities which we plan to ship as part of the next version of Filr – version 4.0.
Here are some of the features that will help you and end users access, share, and collaborate over files even easier, faster, and more secure.
- Revamped User Interface for Filr web clients: We are making it simpler for end users to use Filr. Both the look (interface) and feel (experience) have been considered in the redesign of the client based on your feedback. We would love to refine it further based on your feedback in beta before we ship it as Technical Preview in Filr 4.0!
- New HTML renderer: Ability to view files of different formats (MS office, AutoCAD, Visio, etc.) without needing to install additional software has been a very useful feature for many of you. We are making it better by using a better and faster rendering engine for this.
- Updated Indexer: We have upgraded & refined Filr’s indexing engine. This will improve the performance for super large customers. It will also help bring down resource usage of indexer and thus help all the customers.
- Support for PostgreSQL database: PostgreSQL has been gaining market share and thus we will start supporting it from 4.0. Note that the PostgreSQL will also become the default database we bundle and ship as part of Filr.
- Top enhancements from ideas portal: As in past – we will continue to implement some of the top enhancements from the ideas portal in upcoming versions.
Would be great to have your feedback on version 4.0 before it’s released so that we can refine it further.
Sign-up now to reserve your spot in the Micro Focus Filr 4.0 beta program.
PS: for the first time we are lining up some goodies (Amazon vouchers) to be grabbed by the top beta testers in this beta program.