iPrint 3 was released earlier this year with features such as ID Card device support, Web Printing, and Update Channel.
The Update Channel was a crucial update as it helps you as customers, get the latest and greatest without having to rip and replace.
I am excited to announce the release of iPrint 3.1. Customers on iPrint 3 can update to this latest version from the update channel.
The team has been working hard since the release of iPrint 3 fixing several customer issues and building new features at the same time.
One of the key new features is:
- Support for Multi-Factor Authentication, where iPrint can now be configured to talk to Advanced Authentication Framework. The 2nd factor works with the Ethernet-241 device, which provides card-based authentication. With this release, we support card and smartphone-based release.
Other features in this release are:
- Certificate management tool
- This new tool supports complete end-to-end management of third-party as well as self-signed certificates.
- Print Portal page Enhancements
- Print portal is now the default printer install page.
- This page introduced in iPrint 3 supports several new features such as QuickPrint and Printer Visibility.
- You can restore IPP page if it’s required.
- Tags support for Printers
- Create and assign tags for better classification of printers along with Location and Description fields.
- Tags are searchable in Print portal page
- Windows Client enhancements
- As part of Windows client enhancements, we have created iPrint presence in Right-Click context menu
- You can print any file without opening it to a printer without installing it.
Along with the above, the team recently released the iPrint app for Android and is now “Android for Work” compatible.
Update your iPrint server as soon as possible to get more out of it.
For more information about iPrint 3.1 click here.