Micro Focus is pleased to announce the availability of Filr 4.0, the latest iteration of our powerful Enterprise File Sync-and-Share solution. Version 4.0 is a big one, and it includes plenty of exciting features and enhancements, many of which were requests straight from you, our users!
Micro Focus Filr 4.0 is here!
- Revamped Look and Feel (in Tech Preview): The end-user experience has been completely revamped to remove friction, increase ease-of-use, and create better, more intuitive interactions with Web client users.
- Updated base platform/SLES/Tomcat/Java: Powerful architecture updates to the base platform to increase speed and performance.
- Changed default database from MySQL to PostgreSQL
- The new KevView-based html renderer: A newer, quicker HTML rendering engine to replace the former Oracle Stellent engine.
- Lucene has been updated to version 7.3
- Single channel registration key for Filr: (SLES12 SP3 base), Lucene (SLES12 SP3 base) and PostgreSQL (SLES 15 base) appliances
- 300+ Internal defects resolved
- …And more!
To read about everything that was updated in this release, please visit the following page:
Thanks for reading!
P.S. Having trouble finding your Filr 4.0 license as an existing customer? Remember that it’s available under “Entitled Software” in the Micro Focus Customer Center.