There are a few steps that need to be taken to use Reload to migrate your PO.
All Migration utilities are under disaster recovery in the Linux Reload Administration Console.
- If you have reload Backing up your domain, Migrate your domain over to the GroupWise system. Unless you already have the Domain, then there is no need to.
- Under disaster recovery in the admin console, select the PO that you would like to migrate, then go to the Migration option and go through steps 1 and 2. The pre-migration can take quite some time, as it is over 80% of your PO. You should receive an email notification when it has been completed. But, you can also check the logs if notifications have not been configured.
- If your Old GW system is still live, (skip this step if your old GW system is no longer live as of the previous standard backup) now will be the time to shut it down, and you will want to perform a standard backup on it. This is to gather all mail that came in since the last backup of the GW system.
- When the standard backup has completed, go back to the migration and begin the “Full Migration” which is step number 5. You will be skipping steps 3 and 4 of the migration process, as they are only used for disaster recovery.
After that has completed, the Reload part is done. However there are some suggestions on the route you can take with the GroupWise system after the Migration. Note, these are not supported by GWAVA and they will not be able to help you with these steps.
- Connect to the domain on the new server via ConsoleOne, correct the paths/ip addresses as needed for WebAccess, PO, GWIA, Domain etc. then do a rebuild on the PO.
- Begin GW install, Select Install Agents, point to the correct domain and po, then install the NLM’s. You may also want to go through the WebAccess and GWIA configs.
That should be it for you. Thanks to GWAVA Support for the help in our migration and these docs!