Novell has released the 3rd Preview of the Novell DataSynchronizer Connector to synchronize your Vibe OnPrem calendar data to GroupWise.
You can download the preview here:
You can check out a previous blog for most of the product details and expectations.
The release is quickly wrapping up. The remaining work is outlined below. This work will take us through the transition from ‘Preview’ status to ‘Shipping’ status.
Outstanding development work:
- GW delete of Vibe OnPrem folder will disable the synchronization of the folder (to enable synchronization the user will re-select the folder in the Connector’s administration console)
- List of available calendar/task folders are identified by querying these folders where the user is a team member or they are explicitly identified on the appointment/task. The last portion of this work (still to be done) is to also query any other calendar/task folders where the user has access (read-only and above).
Note: The calendar/task folders where the user is a team member or has been explicitly identified on the appointment/task will be synchronized by default. Any other calendar/task folders will be available via the connector administration console (user can check to have them also sync)
- Sorting of Vibe OnPrem Calendar/Task folders in the connector administration console configuration
- Once the work (above) and defects are completed, engineering will release preview 4. We expect this to be the final step before GMC.
- The Vibe OnPrem project includes specific exit criteria. We need 6-10 BETA sites that agree to help validate and review the functionality with as much production data and scenarios as possible. If you are interested, please contact Tracy Smith.
Internal Rollout for Novell
- Another exit criteria has to do with scaling to at least 500 users internally on Novell’s corporate system.
- Plan to initially rollout incrementally (50 users); will evaluate performance and user feedback, resolve issues and then continue with the rollout and scale up to our maximum limit.
Some of these final exit gates will have some impact on schedule. However, as you can see, we are making good progress and expect to have the final Preview and FCS shortly.
This beta code is to be tested in a test environment only. We do not support beta code that is installed in a production environment.
You will need the following:
Novell Data Synchronizer Connector for Novell Vibe OnPrem
Novell Data Synchronizer Engine and GroupWise Connector
Novell GroupWise 8.0.2 HP 2 or later
Novell Vibe OnPrem 3.1
Links to these products and the documentation are provided from the download link above.
Note: If you installed Preview Pack 1 or 2 and are now installing Preview Pack 3, you will need to revert your SLES11 x64 VM to the pre-connector-install state and delete the associated calendars in the Groupwise Client. Non-VM-servers will need to have the Vibe OnPrem Connector database dropped and recreated.
You can provide BETA feedback as well in the public beta forum