As most of you know, Novell Service Desk
- has inbuilt reporting capabilities that enables users to generate management reports from the captured record details. It provides a graphical snapshot of the overall performance of the Service Desk and its Users
- also provides the capacity to build simple custom reports using the internal system report builder without requiring in-depth knowledge of the database schema
The intent of this cool solution is to provide you with Novell Service Desk Reporting package (domain) and provide few basic steps for using ZENworks Reporting 5 (ZR5) for creating customized reports outside of the service desk product.
- Entity Relationship document: Before you start creating customized reports, I encourage you to refer Novell Service Desk’s Entity relationship details document to understand the key tables and table relationships
- You have the Novell Service Desk database details – host name/IP address, port, database name, and database credentials
- You have installed ZENworks Reporting Server(ZR5) and it can establish a network connection to the server
- You have downloaded the Novell Service Desk Reporting Package NSD-7.0.3
Environment: For the purpose of this example, I have used Novell Service Desk 7.0.3 and MSsql database.
Steps: The Novell Service Desk Reporting using ZENworks Reporting (ZR5) document has detailed steps on creation & usage of domain.