We are finally there and are pushing the Open Enterprise Server 2018 (OES 2018) live right now. This means in less than 24 hours from now, you should be able to download the OES 2018 builds and start using it.
The documentation will switch from beta around the same time as well.
To recap the key highlights for this release:
- SMB Stack Updates, including encrypted data traffic support.
- Domain Services for Windows Enhancements. (2008 R2 / 2012 Schema Update, Fine grained password policies support, AES Encryption support, NSS-AD support)
- Mac Enhancements. (Salvage / Purge extension, Improved SMB performance)
- NSS Improvements. (Reduce fragmentation, Scale improvements)
- Integrated and controlled update channel(s).
- UI Refresh for some components like Remote Manager
- Numerous other bug fixes, enhancements, and performance improvements.
- All the above on top of the latest SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 SP2. Also included is eDirectory 9.0 – the latest version of eDirectory.
Making its debut as a Technical Preview with OES 2018 is the brand new, Cloud Integrated Storage (CIS) feature, which allows you to tier and offload cold data to on-prem or public cloud storage. Get a single pane view into your entire OES storage estate using ‘Insights’ – the dynamic network wide OES storage utilization reporter.
We are also announcing the availability of Self Service Password Reset (SSPR) to OES customers. This will be an indirect entitlement, with IDM Bundle Edition having an entitlement to SSPR and OES customers can now leverage this benefit and deploy SSPR to simplify the password challenges in their environment.
Looking forward to your feedback and comments and hope to see you all soon upgrade to the latest and greatest version of OES, OES 2018 and explore the new capabilities we are previewing.
Please note, the marketing launch is scheduled for the week 6th December and you will start hearing more communications and updates around that date.