I just released openSUSE 10.3 Alpha3 on the opensuse-announce mailing list. The following are some highlights of Alpha3 compared to Alpha2:
- On x86-64: Firefox is now a 64-bit package and uses nspluginwrapper to handle 32-bit i386 plugins if needed.
- AppArmor uses now a new parser. The kernel patches have been reworked completely. Please do test AppArmor extensively (see below).
- GNOME 2.18 mostly integrated.
- Update to Kernel 2.6.21 RC5
- New opensuse-updater running natively under GNOME
- Further fixes for using libata by default for IDE devices
- New yast2-ftp-server module.
- The package manager handles more than one CD/DVD drive.
A more detailed list of changes is available via our news page.