It gives me great pleasure to inform you that Micro Focus is preparing to start the authorized beta program for Open Enterprise Server 2018. This is an invitation for you to participate in this program and add value and improve the quality of the release.
Open Enterprise Server 2015 was unprecedented in terms of quality and rate of adoption. We would like to better that with OES 2018. Some of the key updates planned for this release include:
- SMB Stack Updates, including encrypted data traffic support.
- Domain Services for Windows Enhancements. (2008 R2 / 2012 Schema Update, Fine grained password policies support, AES Encryption support, NSS-AD support)
- Mac Enhancements. (Salvage / Purge extension, Improved SMB performance)
- NSS Improvements. (Reduce fragmentation, Scale improvements)
- Unified and controlled update channel(s).
- UI Refresh for some components like Remote Manager, Java Console, and NetStorage.
- Numerous other bug fixes, enhancements, and performance improvements.
- All the above on top of the latest SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 SP2. Also included is eDirectory 9.0 – the latest version of eDirectory.
The highlight new capability in OES 2018 though is the brand new cloud storage tiering capability, which allows you to offload your cold data to an on-prem / private cloud or to a public cloud storage of your choice, including SUSE Storage.
Alongside OES 2018, the ‘iPrint Add-on for OES 2018’ will also be available – which will allow you to host iPrint Appliance capabilities on OES, if you desire so.
As a participant in the Micro Focus authorized beta program for Open Enterprise Server 2018, you must provide ongoing testing of the beta product and regular reporting to Micro Focus of your testing progress. In return, Micro Focus will provide free support to all authorized sites for this beta product.
You can indicate your interest to participate in the OES 2018 Authorized Beta program by filling out the survey here.
If you have any further questions please drop a note to email@example.com