By Ravella Raghunadh
After deploying the ZENworks Adaptive Agent on a workstation, a user having administrator privileges can access and uninstall the product by using the Windows Add or Remove Programs. This Cool Solution helps ZENworks Administrators to restrict the workstation users from uninstalling or modifying the ZENworks software.
- On a managed device, export the ZENworks Folder registry key from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\ Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ZENworks to a local file. A sample registry file is shown in Figure 1.
Figure 1 Sample registry file for a ZCM workstation.
- Edit the registry file to add the following line:
- A sample updated file is shown in Figure 2.
Figure 2 Updated Registry file
- Log in to ZENworks Control Center.
- Create a new Directive Bundle.
Please refer to this section of the documentation Novell ZENworks 10 Configuration Management Documentation for help in creating a Directive Bundle creation.
- Add Registry Edit Action to the bundle.
Click to enlarge.
Figure 3 Add Actions window – Registry Edit Action selection
Get more information on adding the Registry Edit Action.
- Browse and import the updated registry file.
- Assign the Bundle to ZENworks Configuration Management Devices/Users.
- Configure the Bundle Distribution Schedule as “Event” and select “User Login” as trigger.
- Select “Install Immediately after Distribution” and “Launch Immediately after Installation” options in Distribution schedule.
For more details on Bundle Schedules, please refer to this page.
- After the bundle is distributed to the managed device, the ZENworks application will not be listed in the Windows Add or Remove Programs.
Note: If the registry tree structure differs for different Windows Operating Systems, then the administrator must create separate bundle for each operating system.
I would like to thank Lakshmi R and Harshad Sovani for reviewing this Cool Solution and providing valuable feedback.VN:F [1.9.22_1171]