I’ve been trying to figure out if it is possible to set the Delete Inhibit and Rename Inhibit flags on directories created by Novell Storage Manager when they are created. I can’t see this as an option; I only see options to apply the usual RWCEMF rights.
NSM can handle rename Inhibit, Delete Inhibit, and other extended attributes by placing the extended attributes on the template folder specified in the policy.
Here are the steps to follow:
1. Create a folder that will be used as a template (can be left empty if you wish).
2. Right-click the template folder and set the extended attributes required.
3. Open the policy where the users need to have these extended attributes set at create time.
4. Edit the User Template option in the policy to point to the newly created template folder.
5. Create a test user in the associated container.
6. Verify that the user directory was created in the proper target path with the extended attributes set.