A Forum reader recently asked:
“I am trying to send email for more than one user in the Finish Activity in the workflow, but I’ve had no sucess.”
And here’s the response from Steven Williams …
In the upcoming 3.5.1 release you can specify more than one entity on the TO, CC, or BCC. However, this is not possible as a default in 3.0.x or 3.5.
Again, this is expected behavior in UA 3.0, 3.0.1, and 3.5. In the upcoming 3.5.1 you can list multiple entities.
With that stated, there is a work-around for this.
1. Open the Provisioning the Request from the Navigation Tab, using the Text Editor instead of the Provisioning Request Definition Editor (which is the Default GUI editor).
2. Once it is opened in the text editor, add the amount of mappings for the TO, CC, or BCC that are required.
For example, to have two (2) people emailed on the CC line:
<map source="%some value1%" target="CC"/> <map source="%some value2%" target="CC"/>
From my test environment:
<map source="IDVault.get(IDVault.get(approval.getAddressee() , 'user', 'manager') , 'user', 'Email')" target="CC"/> <map source="IDVault.get(IDVault.get(approval.getAddressee() , 'user', 'directReports') , 'user', 'Email')" target="CC"/>
3. Save the file.
4. Make a change in the PRD view (e.g., turn on logging and click Save) and then click Save again.
At this point, the Flow will be marked as different and can be deployed.
5. Set the logging off again and then set Deployed.
(This is a Designer bug that is suppose to be fixed in the next release of the Designer, that making a change in the Text Editor is not see as different for deployment).
6. After you have made the change, go back to the Navigation Tab, use Open With on the PRD and select the PRD Editor. Otherwise, it will always open it from all other Tabs in the Text Editor.
(This is also a bug with the Designer that is suppose to be fixed in the next release.)