This is my first totally off-topic post. Nothing to do with ZENworks whatsoever! Bit cheeky to a corporate blog – but it’s for charidy m8 😉 (The UK readers will get that one)
A friend and I have entered the Staples2Naples 2006 Banger Rally in September this year. This is a four day rally covering 1400 miles through France, Germany, Switzerland and Austria between September 22nd and 26th this year. There are only two rules:
- The car must be worth less than £100: Ours is a 1991 Volvo 440 Special Edition (means it has a plastic spoiler). Originally red, now pink with 103k miles clocked.
- It’s not a race. It’s a rally with challenges – arriving first does not mean you win.
Since the sun has reduced the paintwork on our car to an attractive pink we decided it would be cool to only 50% renovate it – one side like new and the other still pink to show the effects of the sun. Our chosen charity for the event is the Myfanwy Townsend Melanoma Fund and donations are made in memory of a colleage (Stuart Mansell – IDM Guru) who died from last December.
Some details if you’re interested.
- http://www.flickr.com/photos/55885563@N00/201659530/ – The car today :o)
- http://www.crudworks.org – this is our online ‘Blog’ for the event. We plan to update this daily using a laptop and GPRS during the event.
- http://www.justgiving.com/staples2naples06 – this is where you can make that all important donation.
I promise to get back to ZENworks posts now