Authors: Dodda Venkata, Poovizhi Palanisamy
- Server Platform: OES 2 SP2(SP2 Mandatory for this cool solution to work)
- Agent Platform: Win XP SP3
- ZENworks: ZDML 7 SP1 IR4a(Installed to the eDirectory configured with this OES 2 SP2 server)
This Cool solution describes how to use User’s Home Directory on OES 2 Linux Server for Storing Roaming Profiles from a ZENworks 7 SP1 IR4 Agent.
- CIFS should be installed on the OES 2 SP2 Server
- Should have a console one installed with ZDML 7 SP1 IR4 snapins
- Should have iManager installed.
This is how we will run through this cool solution:
- Setting Home Directory option to a User in eDirectory.
- Configuring Roaming Profiles.
- Assigning Roaming Profiles to this User.
- Checking the successful storage of Roaming Profiles in User’s home directory.
- Using consoleOne, select a user for whom you want to set the Home Directory.
- Right click and go to properties > General > Environment > Home Directory. Browse and select the folder you want to set as the home directory for this user.
- Go to the “Rights to Files and Folders” tab. Click on “Add” and browse and select the same folder which you selected as the home directory.
- In the rights section, tick all the check boxes.
- Apply and close.
- Using iManager, log in to this eDirectory tree as the admin user of the tree.
- In “Roles and Tasks” select “Passwords” > “Password Policies”
- Select the “CIFS default policy” > Policy assignment tab.
- Browse and add user object to “Assign to” list. Click apply and OK.
- Log out.
- Log in and Log out as the user to whom CIFS default policy is assigned.
- This sets Universal policy for this User. Which is required for accessing CIFS share.
- In ConsoleOne, right-click the User Package, click Properties, then click the appropriate platform page.
- Select the check box under the Enabled column for the Windows Desktop Preferences policy.
- Click Properties to display the Roaming Profiles page.
- Tick the check box “Roaming Profiles” and then tick the check box “Enable storage of roaming profiles”.
- Select “Store User Profile in User’s Home Directory”.
- Click Apply and close.
- In the User package properties, go to the Associations tab.
- Add the user for whom the home directory is configured.
- Click Apply and close.
- Log in to the Workstation where ZDM 7 SP1 IR4a agent is running as the user to whom Roaming Profiles & home directory is assigned.
- Configure the user profile.
- Log out from this workstation.
- Go to consoleOne and Browse to the home directory folder and find the profile details stored in there.