Wondering what troubleshooting steps should be taken and which log files should be collected for ZCM 10 if there are problems with Patch Management subscription downloads or deployment? Here’s a list. If you have any things to add, let us know.
Check the following:
- Does the server meet the minimum hardware requirements specified in the documentation?
- Is the Patch Management Service started? (See Configuration/Subscription Information/Start the Subscription Service/Service Running button in ZCC Console).
- Was the replication time set (Subscription Communication Interval)? This time is based on the primary server containing the ZCC database local time.
- Can you ping novell.patchlink.com and reach it via port 80 and 443 from the Patch Management server? If not, was a proxy set up properly?
- Check Configuration Subscription Download, Configure http Proxy, Product Serial number and Subscription Service Information on ZCC Console for “Is Configured” and check the settings.
- Check \program files\novell\zenworks\zpm\dist for *.plr and *.pls files (indicates successful contact and download with novell.patchlink.com).
- Windows Application Event logs – WSH Patch Deployment failures
- \program files\novell\zenworks\logs\loader-messages.log
- \program files\novell\zenworks\zpm\rdy.txt
- \program files\novell\zenworks\zpm\pkglist.txt
For additional info, see this TID.