You need to keep your files and systems secure, however, your users may be sharing and storing files on cloud sharing solutions that are not secure and are not managed by your organization.
There needs to be a balance between the functionality that your end users want and the security that your organization needs. IT, of course wants to maintain control, but if your organization does not give employees the usability they want, employees will go to unsecure, cloud-based solutions.
Micro Focus Filr is the solution!
Filr allows your users to have “follow me” files that go everywhere they go, on every device they want to work from—and your organizations has control and the ability to manage this system. With Filr, you will have the feel of a cloud file sharing solution, but the security and management of an on-premises solution. You will not be exposed to the risk of cloud storage solutions or the cost of redundant data solutions. Users don’t even have to “drop” files into a box or worry about conflicting versions of files on different devices: They can access their files and even share folders, from or on any device. Data is stored on servers sitting behind the firewall, so users can access these files from desktops, laptops, and mobile devices…without the vulnerability of accessing these files from a less-secure public-cloud service. And your data stays secure through multi-factor authentication, data in transit encryption, and remote data wiping. Filr is the solution to keep your data secure, while providing users the experience they need to be productive.
View the on-demand webinar to learn more about how to keep your files secure and allow users to have the functionality they want and need.
Benefits of Filr
Filr provides you with the security features that keep your data and your organization safe. Lost devices shouldn’t result in lost data. Filr provides the ability to register and remote wipe Filr data in the Desktop Client and the Mobile App. You can also encrypt the data transfer between Filr virtual appliance and the external Filr database to further improve security
Works on all your devices
Filr has clients and apps for desktops, laptops, smart phones and tablets on a variety of platforms, including Microsoft, Linux, iOS, Android and many more.
A familiar feel
Filr gives users features like those on social media sites, blogs, and email systems.
- Users can comment on files in Filr. This allows them to share suggestions and easily exchange ideas for collaborative projects.
- When a coworker updates or changes a file, Filr can send a notification to others using the document. This eliminates the need for emailing back and forth.
- Filr also allows users to search through their files, including all the files others have shared with them. They can easily search hundreds of documents for the one they need.
Customers with active maintenance on Open Enterprise Server or Open Workgroup Suite are entitled to Filr. Regain control over organizational data while providing users the mobile access and sharing they want with Filr. Customers are entitled to use Filr based upon the number of users covered under their maintenance contract.
Visit the Customer Center to view your entitlements and start giving your users the ability to access and share their files from anywhere, from any device, while keeping the control within IT.
Filr integrates with your organization’s existing directory services, either Microsoft Active Directory, Micro Focus NetIQ eDirectory, or a combination of both. Filr does not require any schema extensions or directory reconfiguring.
Take back control
Filr enables you and your IT staff to determine which users are allowed to share files, which files they can share, and with whom they can share them.
Leverage existing file servers
You’ve already set up your access rights, quotas, firewalls, backup and disaster recovery systems. Filr leverages all of that by working with your file servers and Active Directory or NetIQ eDirectory.
Access on-premises data from anywhere
Make users productive from day one. Filr gives users access to all their files and shared network folders from any device or location. Wherever they are, users can access files and folders as if they’re in the office.
The Latest in Filr
Filr 3.4 has recently been released. Here is the latest in Filr.
Standard and Advanced Editions
- Web Client to use browser’s locale—Filr now has the ability to detect the user’s locale and display the Filr web interface in the language set by the user. If the browser language is not supported by Filr, it defaults to the language set on the Filr server.
- Change to default share expiration—The default share expiration for user’s files and folders is now set at 30 days.
- Ability to conceal users LDAP ID—Hide users LDAP ID to reduce security threats.
- Net Folder on Desktop: Ability to hide OR make it read only—Provide granular control for displaying the Net Folders on the user’s desktop in an Online mode or both in an Online and Offline mode.
- Linux Client on Ubuntu (Tech Preview)—Filr 3.4 introduces support for Ubuntu 16.04.4 LTS (Xenial Xerus) on your Linux desktop.
- Enhancements to the Outlook plugin: support for unauthenticated download links—The Filr administrator can enable an option to allow the external users to download the attachments without registering to Filr.
- File request for Home Folders—Allow requests of external users to upload files to Filr, while allowing for an expiration for the upload link. Email notification can be sent to the submitter, with a link to the upload and to the requester, after the file has been uploaded.
- Share reports—The sharer receives an email notification when a shared file is accessed for the first time. For folders, an email notification is received when any file from the shared folder is accessed for the first time. No notification is received on renaming, deleting, or adding any file to the shared folder.
Take these steps to start today:
- Learn the “The Top Ten Reasons Filr Offers True Enterprise File Sharing and Access”
- View this great overview video “Safer than the Cloud for your Business”
- Try out Filr free for 30 days
- Get a no obligation quote for Filr.
- Learn more about Filr here, www.microfocus.com/products/filr/