Working around the “press any key” prompt when unloading Apache.
This has been reported to Novell engineering.
This uses an unsupported alternative log rotation NLM provided by a 3rd party. Novell does not support or warrant this solution, use of this solution is AT YOUR OWN RISK.
With this solution, the size of log files will still not be limited, but the logs will roll to new file names on a daily basis.
- Perform all of the tasks outlined in TID7001892, and verify your Apache Server is working before continuing.
- Download the mod_log_rotate NLM from http://www.gknw.net/development/apache/httpd-2.0/netware/modules/. The current latest version is for 2.0.61, but works with 2.0.63. Unzip the archive file, and place the mod_log_rotate.nlm file in sys:\apache2\modules
- Reopen sys:\apache2\httpd.conf
- Find this line:
LoadModule auth_ldap_module modules/authldap.nlm
- Just below it, insert the following lines:
# Load the module mod_log_rotate # This is a unsupported third party item - do not report bugs to Novell. # Downloaded from http://www.gknw.net LoadModule log_rotate_module modules/mod_log_rotate.nlm # turn on rotation function RotateLogs On # make it rotate relative to local time, instead of UTC RotateLogsLocalTime On # make it rotate once a day RotateInterval 86400
- Save httpd.conf
- Restart Apache (ap2webdn, ap2webup)
David sent in a comment that there is another solution for this by Guenter Knauf: http://www.gknw.net/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=445