I am pleased to announce Novell Service Desk 7.1 is now available for download.
The focus of this release is to improve the customer experience by simplifying the Customer & User portals; providing new user interface to import assets from ZENworks and performance improvements .
- A new option to create Generic requests, a new page dedicated for Quickcalls and an option to create new requests from Items or Service page
- Home page includes sections to show latest Outages, featured KB articles, customer name, initiate chat with technicians, alerts and surveys
- Simplified Request summary page with easy option to add notes, attachments, change customer or item details or to collapse sections
- A new “Assign to me” option that enables the user to self assign a request in a single click
- Workflows now provides an option to add listener class to the entry state
- The new ZENworks Import user interface that provides option to easily view, select, and import items such as hardware, software, and bundles from ZENworks.
- Style sheets (CSS) is now simplified that enables the administrator to customize the skins of all portals as required.
- A new Password Self Service (PSS) option is provided that can be configured to connect to external password self service tools from Novell Service Desk home page
- Now technicians have an option to schedule their vacation and to login during vacation