During the month of July, we hosted an essay contest inviting employees and customers to describe why they loved using Micro Focus products. We received a number of great responses and are excited to announce the winners:
File and Networking Services:
- First Place: Bob Martens, OES Brings Serenity to System Administration
- Second Place: Sami Kapanen, Storage Manager handles all home directories for you
Identity and Access Management:
- First Place: Matthew Ruane, End-to-End Identity Access Management
- Second Place: Paul Pedron, Why I Love eDirectory
- First Place: Denise Brinkman, Reload—The Email Restore Tool
- Second Place: Jens Sorenson, GroupWise, the administrator’s choice
- Third Place: Richard Johnson, Good Vibrations
Each of these entries will be published across Micro Focus, including on the Micro Focus corporate and community blog, the community site, and, where appropriate, used as customer success stories or customer quotes on Micro Focus product pages.
For those who may have missed their chance to participate in this contest, we plan on relaunching this contest in the near future—trust us, you won’t want to miss out.
For all those who participated, thank you for sharing the reasons you value your Micro Focus products.
About the Contest
This contest is now ended. Below are the details of the contest, so you can understand what the authors were competing for.
We asked users and customers to tell us why they loved using Micro Focus products from both a technical and consumer viewpoint. The entries we received will be spread across Micro Focus in order to promote awareness on how employees and customers are using Micro Focus products and how our products contribute to their success.
- Minimum length: 250 words
- Essays should describe why you love Micro Focus products from a technical aspect and how they have helped your business as well as your users
- Entries must be about a product that you have used or are currently using
- Entries will be judged by a panel of product marketers and 3 winners will be chosen for each solution group. Winning essays will be chosen based on the quality of the submission as determined by the judges(s).
- For each Solution group, the First-place winner will receive an Amazon gift card worth $350, Second-place winner will receive an Amazon gift card worth $200, and Third-place winner will receive an Amazon gift card worth $100. (Available in different geos.)
- Winning entries will be published on the Micro Focus community site as well as the Micro Focus blog*
- Entries must be the original work of the submitter. Plagiarized work will be immediately disqualified.
- Screenshots, images, and videos are encouraged
- All entries not selected as winners are still eligible for publication on the Micro Focus Community and the Micro Focus blog (pending the technical review process). Once the contest has concluded, eligible pieces may still be used for community posts and the author will receive Community Rewards points for their work.
- By participating in the contest, you agree to these rules, and that all decisions made by Micro Focus regarding the contest shall be final.
- All taxes associated with receipt or use of award are the sole responsibility of the winner. Micro Focus reserves the right to withhold any taxes if required by applicable law.
By participating in the contest, each participant grants to Micro Focus (including its corporate affiliates and licensees) a non-exclusive, worldwide, fully paid, royalty-free, perpetual license, with the right to sublicense, to reproduce, distribute, use, exploit, transmit, create derivative works of, publicly display and publicly perform the contents of the participant’s essay (including graphics, sound effects, video, audio, animation, screen shots, text, other creative output, and ideas for new or improved products or services) or other content submitted in connection with the contest.
Participants will be given the opportunity to select which of their and their companies’ information may be shared by Micro Focus in promotional activities. Participant consents to Micro Focus’ (including its corporate affiliates and licensees) use of his or her name (unless the winner requests that his or her name not be used) in perpetuity throughout the world in any media for all business purposes including advertising and promotional activities, without additional compensation, notice or approval, unless prohibited by law.