RC1 is available via System Update! We would like you to try updating from Beta 2 to RC1 via System Update and let us know your experience. Please note that updating from a build other than Beta 2 is not supported and may create unpredictable results.
You may also download the ISOs and perform a fresh install.
Steps to update:
- In ZENworks Control Center on a Beta 2 zone, click the Configuration tab.
- In the Product Licensing panel, click ZENworks 10 Configuration Management to display the Product Activation – ZENworks 10 Configuration Management page.
- Type the following Beta 1 key into the Product License Key field:
- Click OK to activate the license.
- Click the System Updates tab at the top of the page.
- In the Available System Updates panel, click Actions, then click Check for Updates.
- Select the check box next to Support Pack 2 for ZENworks 10 (10.2) RC1 – REQUIRES BETA2, then click Download Update.
- Deploy the update.
For more information about performing Steps 5 through 8, see Deploying Updates in the ZENworks 10 Configuration Management System Administration Guide (https://www.novell.com/documentation/beta/zcm10/zcm10_system_admin/data/bd15adh.html).
- Roaming Profile support for Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008.
- Deactivate ZENworks 10 Patch Management SP2 on a device by deactivating ZENworks 10 Configuration Management SP2.
- Activate ZENworks 10 Patch Management SP2 on a device when ZENworks 10 Configuration Management SP2 is deactivated.
- Deactivate Asset Inventory for UNIX/Linux on a device by deactivating ZENworks 10 Configuration Management SP2 and ZENworks 10 Asset Management SP2.
- Licensed Products now support License Allocations (a ZAM 7.5 feature).
- Display of the discovered product usage metrics in ZENworks Control Center.
- Added Oracle support to the ZAM 7.5 to ZAM 10 data migration utility.
- Application Usage Monitor (client) supports standalone installation; the usage monitor client is not installed if ZAM is not licensed.
- Import the inventory information from Novell eDirectory and Microsoft Active Directory.
- All the retired devices and the retired components of devices are displayed in the Inventory Custom Reports.
- Support for imaging of a device having multiple disks in the Windows Imaging Format (.wim) and GHOST Image format (.gho).
- Migrate user groups and container associations from traditional ZENworks to ZENworks 10 Configuration Management server that has Active Directory as the user source.
- Installation of Reporting Server in the languages supported by ZENworks 10 Configuration Management.
- Re-designed layouts for Predefined reports
- Please see the Beta 2 readme located at https://www.novell.com/documentation/beta/zcm10/readme/readme_zcm102rc1.html for a list of known issues with this release.
- The full documentation, including a more comprehensive list of known issues, can be found at https://www.novell.com/documentation/beta/zcm10/
The following license keys can be used for testing this release:
71AF6546-17E8F9243581 – ZENworks 10 Configuration Management SP2 BETA
C056F790-12C648260E4D – ZENworks 10 Asset Management SP2 BETA
F7A28B06-AA73FD8DA82A – ZENworks 10 Asset Inventory SP2 BETA