This release introduces a long list of customer-driven features, including critical database support, to all ZENworks 11 products.
Starting immediately, customers and partners will now have access to ZENworks 11 Support Pack 1 at http://download.novell.com and the Novell Customer Center.
There are some changes in ZENworks Support Pack 1 which you should be aware of before installing/upgrading to this release. These are improvements made to either provide support for latest products/platforms – or reintroduction of features ‘by popular demand’
- Support Pack 1 affects ZENworks Configuration Management, ZENworks Patch Management, ZENworks Asset Management, ZENworks Endpoint Security Management
- Requires Oracle 11g and/or Microsoft SQL 2008R2 database support (older database versions are not supported); embedded database updated to Sybase 12
- Re-introduces ZENworks Endpoint Security Management scripting support
- New compliance reports in ZENworks Reporting Server
- Integration with Novell Service Desk 6.5 (to be released soon)
- Quality improvements, including better login performance, Citrix scale/performance enhancements, and more
If you would like to read more about what is included in ZENworks 11 Support Pack 1, we have provided additional information on the product documentation pages:
If you have questions regarding this change, please contact
Jason Blackett (JBlackett@novell.com), ZENworks Product Manager.
Justin Strong (JuStrong@novell.com), ZENworks Product Marketing Manager.
Laurence Pitt (LPitt@novell.com), Director ZENworks Product Management.
Rick Carlson (RJCarlson@novell.com, Director ZENworks Product Management