I am pleased to announce the availability of the next major milestone for ZENworks 2017. The engineering team has been hard at work building some exiciting new value into the product and I am happy to share it with you. Here’s what’s new in Preview 2:
- Refined mobile device enrollment workflow
- iOS Device Control policy allows you to implement iOS device restrictions.
- Email account provisioning for iOS
- Lock/Unlock quicktasks for iOS/Android
- New branding policy for ZENworks User App (zapp) on Windows
- New progress experience and foldering capabilities in the ZENworks User App.
- New browser agnostic management console helper (replaces remote mgmt, file upload, and group policy plugins) means most ZCC capabilities should now work on Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Internet Explorer and Edge.
- New bundle reporting domain for ZENworks Reporting to simplify and enhance reporting capabilities for ZENworks bundles. This includes the ability to report on bundle linked content.
- SLES12 based imaging distribution to support a broader set of new hardware
- Optimization of content and effective policy tables in the database making reporting faster
We expect that there will be one more Preview in approximately 4-5 months which will likely be the basis for the shipping product late this year.
If you haven’t already gotten registered for the ZENworks 2017 preview I encourage you to do so today and take the Preview 2 build for a spin! To get registered sign up here. If you already signed up, you can download Preview 2 from the Preview 2 Vibe Page. If you find issues, identify enhancement or just have questions please use the forums on the Vibe page.
For those of you that are planning to participate in the closed Beta program, we will be sending out appointments for next week shortly now that the build is available. If you have a desire to participate in either the Beta or LightHouse programs we are still accepting participants. To get in just drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.