Just so I understand..is “Pulsar” now the new name for “Brimstone”?
The short answer – yes.
The long answer covers a lot of our thinking about architecture changes in ZENworks.
The key pieces are still valid:
- unify and integrate the product components and architectures
- provide a single management console which is web based
- unify all backend services to use a single, database repository with a published schema.
- utilise a single pluggable agent on the managed client device
- allow seamless, yet powerful integration with corporate identity directories – Novell eDirectory and Microsoft Active Directory
- allow rapid deployment and installation across your enterprise
Novell will be delivering many products against this architecture. During the next year expect to see at least four releases of our core ZENworks products running on this new platform.
The first release will be the next release of our Windows desktop management product – that is the project we have codenamed ZENworks Pulsar.
I hope this helps clarify things. BrainShare 2007 will be an interesting week.
Written at: Draper, UT