Upgrading to NetWare 6
The NetWare® 6 installation program can be used to upgrade an existing NetWare 4 or NetWare 5 server to NetWare 6.
The upgrade process includes the following tasks:
- Meet system and software requirements
- Prepare the network and the computer
- Specify hardware and software settings
- Create additional disk volumes (if required)
- Select and install networking protocols
- Set up Novell® eDirectoryTM
- Install other networking products
During the upgrade program, the server is upgraded to NetWare 6 by automating the following tasks:
- Device drivers and LAN drivers for the NetWare 6 operating system are loaded. Outdated drivers are matched with and replaced by new drivers included with NetWare 6.
- eDirectory is upgraded.
- NetWare 6 information is added to the AUTOEXEC.NCF and STARTUP.NCF files.
- The NetWare 6 files are copied to the server.