What's New in GroupWise 2014 R2
We're committed to our goal of adding value to your GroupWise investment with more frequent releases. Effective December 8, 2015, GroupWise 2014 R2 is available worldwide.
This new release offers the following new features:
- GroupWise Mac support: CalDAV and CardDAV support will provide the ability to use the Mac Calendar and Mac Contacts apps in addition to existing IMAP support for Mac Mail.
- Invite to appointments: Even if you aren't the organizer, you can invite others to appointments. A notification is sent to both the organizer and invitee after an invite to keep everyone in the loop.
- Propose new time: When you receive a meeting invitation you can't accept, you can simply propose a different time with the assistance of a busy search.
- Bidirectional flag sync: Now when you flag a message on your mobile device, it will appear on your desktop and vice versa.
- Other usability features, such as Quick Reponses and Voting, will improve communication and productivity.
Additionally, GroupWise 2014 R2 offers Active Directory single sign-on support and photos in the GroupWise system address book.
Micro Focus GroupWise Mobility Service
We're also introducing a new release of GroupWise Mobility Service 2014 R2. This release, also available December 8, 2015, is the upgrade from GroupWise Mobility Service 2.1.The purpose of the version change is to identify the version of GroupWise that Mobility Service is designed to work with.
Micro Focus GroupWise Mobility Service 2014 R2 will be officially supported in use with the latest version of GroupWise 2014 and GroupWise 2014 R2.
New features in this release include:
- Support for Microsoft Outlook via ActiveSync protocol
- GroupWise Profile Setup tool
- Free/Busy search in Microsoft Outlook
What's New in GroupWise 2014
GroupWise 2014 makes users more productive than ever with enhanced mobile device support and new desktop client features like:
- More powerful search and filing tools, making organization a breeze
- The ability to duplicate any item or easily change item type
- An improved WebAccess interface, including auto-refresh
- Quick lists, dynamic menus and “just in time” options
- A fresh, contemporary look and feel
Not only will GroupWise pump up user productivity, it provides powerful help for administrators. They now have a new web-based administration console, as well as:
- A system overview page for simple, dashboard-like monitoring
- Advanced querying and reporting
- Delegated admin rights
- Enhanced mobile device support and scalability
Finally, GroupWise 2014 introduces some significant technological changes:
- Active Directory support
- 64-bit agents
- Support for the latest platforms, browsers and mobile devices