Advanced Branding with External Style Sheets
This article comes with two files branding_menu.css and branding_menu.html. Administrator level access is required in order to insert the css file. Administrators will need to navigate on the Novell Vibe server to the directory that css file is located. The path for this file is: apache-tomcat/webapps/ssf/js/gwt/gwtteaming/GwtTeaming.css.
- Select the GwtTeaming.css file.
- Next, open and copy the text from branding_menu.css file.
- Find the class named .brandingLink, this can be done easily by using CTRL+f.
- Below the .brandingLink class paste the text from the branding_menu.css file.
- Save changes made to GwtTeaming.css. The server may or may not need to be restarted, while doing this article the file worked without restarting. If the next part of the process doesn't work right the server may need to be restarted.
- The next part of the process can be done by end users. Simply open the branding_menu.html file and copy all the text.
- Next, navigate to the folder, workspace, or site branding that needs to have the custom branding. Follow the process of the previous branding article and open the advanced branding editor dialog. Folder>Brand Folder>Advanced>HTML
- Paste the text from the branding_menu.html file into the HTML Editor and select Update>OK>OK
- The end result should look like this depending on the background color selected.
This branding navigation stills needs to be customized to fit the needs of users. In order to change this go back to the Advanced Branding HTML Editor and change the links to fit users needs. These links can be external pages, internal Novell Vibe pages or even downloads for popular Novell Vibe documents. We will be adding additional style sheets for this article so look back periodically and find out what's new.
|File Name||Size||Last Updated|