How to manually remove the ZCM 10 agent
This document (3819251) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
Exception during start: Cannot start service ZENPreAgent on computer '.'.
- Delete the C:\Program Files\Novell\ZENworks directory (if the ZAM or other agents are installed, you will not be able to delete this directory.)
- Delete the C:\Program Files\Novell\CASA directory
- Delete the C:\Windows\Novell directory
- To remove the Novell ZENworks services that may be remaining, from a command prompt run the following command: (insert the service name for "serv")
net stop serv -u
sc delete serv -u
- Run regedit and delete all instances of ZENworks and CASA (that deal with ZENworks, keep in mind if you are using other ZENworks agents.)
- Reboot the PC
You should now be able to install the ZCM Agent again if desired.
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for NetIQ/Novell/SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:3819251
- Creation Date:06-FEB-08
- Modified Date:27-APR-12
- NovellZENworks Configuration Management
Did this document solve your problem? Provide Feedback