Does Novell BorderManager support RTMPT protocol?
This document (7007004) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
Novell BorderManager 3.9 Support Pack 2 Intern Release 1
Http://url of the site:80/server not found.
For example http://reboot.fcc.gov/video-archives will show this error.
If bypassing proxy, video is streamed fine.
The RTMP protocol has three variations:
- The "plain" protocol which works on top of TCP and uses port number 1935 by default.
- RTMPT which is encapsulated within HTTP requests to traverse firewalls.
- RTMPS which is RTMPT over a secure SSL connection using HTTPS.
The problem with this site is that the media server is not properly configured and before start streaming, browser tries to reach streaming.broadband.gov (126.96.36.199) directly to POST some information onto the stream server, bypassing proxy. If filters are enable and only way browser can reach the internet is thru proxy or local PC does not have a dns server configured, then the error will show up.
The problem lies on the web site configuration and not on BorderManager:
1. Best solution is to contact the administrator and report the issue so he can adjust the configuration.
2. If not, then Dynamic NAT will have to be enable on BorderManager server and a filter exception created to reach this site on port 80.
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for NetIQ/Novell/SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:7007004
- Creation Date:05-OCT-10
- Modified Date:26-APR-12
Did this document solve your problem? Provide Feedback