How to change a common proxy user on OES2 SP3
This document (7009156) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
Novell Open Enterprise Server 2 (OES 2) Linux Support Pack 3
The common-proxy account has to be changed to a new common-proxy account.
- Create new common proxy user using script"create_common_proxyuser.sh". To do so perform the following
# export OES_DATA=(password from admin)
# export OES_PROXY_DATA=(password for new proxy account)
# /opt/novell/proxymgmt/bin/create_common_proxyuser.sh cn=OESCommonProxy_(new),ou=...,o=... cn=(administrator),ou=...,o=... (LDAP Server) 636
- Update system wide common-proxy CASA store with new
This will ask for the common-proxy account and its password.
- Update /etc/opt/novell/proxymgmt/proxy_users.conf. Only the new common proxy FDN should be present. Remove the previous common proxy user FDN entry. This file could also contain service specific proxy users, these should not be removed.
- Now we do the move again:
# /opt/novell/proxymgmt/bin/move_to_common_proxy.sh -d cn=(admin) -w (password admin) -i (ldap server) -p 636 -s all
- Restart the server. All services should use the new common proxy.
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for NetIQ/Novell/SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:7009156
- Creation Date:11-AUG-11
- Modified Date:21-AUG-12
- NovellOpen Enterprise Server
Did this document solve your problem? Provide Feedback