"Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion" when starting WECS
This document (7011402) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
Microsoft Windows 2008 R2 64-bit
Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion
Make sure that the .NET 4.0 is installed on the machine where the service is running.
Create the registry entry for the Services Pipe Timeout and give it higher than the default value:
- Start the registry editor (regedit.exe)
- navigate to the following key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control
- Right-click on the above key and choose New, then DWORD Value
- Type ServicesPipeTimeout as the name for it and press ENTER
- Right-click on the ServicesPipeTimeout value and choose to Modify it
- In the Base section click Decimal
- In the Value data text box type for example 60000 as the
value of timeout period and click OK
- Restart the computer
Note: The computer needs to be restarted for the Service Control Manager to apply this change.
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for NetIQ/Novell/SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:7011402
- Creation Date:20-NOV-12
- Modified Date:12-DEC-12
Did this document solve your problem? Provide Feedback