How to adjust the hardware configuration before deploying the Filr appliance.
This document (7012729) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
- Create a temporary directory and extract the downloaded Filr archive in here so it contains the *.ovf, *.mf and *.vmdk files.
- Create a sub-directory in the previously created directory and name it VMX.
- Convert the ovf file to a vmx file using the following command: ovftool Filr.x86_64-<version>.ovf VMX/Filr.x86_64-<version>.vmx
- Edit the Filr.x86_64-<version>.vmx file using a text editor
- Convert the vmx file back to an ovf file using the following command: ovftool -o VMX/Filr.x86_64-<version>.vmx Filr.x86_64-<version>.ovf
- Use the new ovf file for deployment.
ethernet0.virtualDev = "e1000"
ethernet0.virtualDev = "vmxnet3"
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for NetIQ/Novell/SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:7012729
- Creation Date:27-JUN-13
- Modified Date:28-JUN-13
Did this document solve your problem? Provide Feedback