Cannot add new servers to the zone after upgrading to ZCM 11.2.4
This document (7014023) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
Error: "This version of ZENworks is not compatible with the version (11.2.4) found in the zone"
- Determine the "first" primary in the zone. If uncertain, the following SQL can be used to return the name of the server
SELECT zZENObject.Name FROM zZENObject,zZENServerRoles WHERE zZENObject.ZUID = zZENServerRoles.id AND zZENServerRoles.Roles = 'MasterPrimary'
If this does not return a server, contact Novell Technical Support for help in setting this role correctly.
- On the "first" primary server, take a backup copy of ZenServerVersion.xml
- edit the file (ZenServerVersion.xml)
- search for
- In the next line, replace 11.2.4 with 11.2.0
- repeat this two more times (there are three places in total to be updated)
- save the file
- retry the install of the new server in the zone
- When the install is complete, replace ZenServerVersion.xml with the saved copy from step 2
StatusReported to Engineering
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for NetIQ/Novell/SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:7014023
- Creation Date:30-OCT-13
- Modified Date:26-DEC-13
- NovellZENworks Asset ManagementZENworks Configuration ManagementZENworks Endpoint Security ManagementZENworks Full Disk EncryptionZENworks Patch Management
Did this document solve your problem? Provide Feedback