How to display a message when user logs in
This document (7014433) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
- Windows Group Policy
- Novell CoolSolutions Cool Tool
Windows Group Policy
Windows provides a Group Policy that "specifies a text message that is displayed to users when they log on after booting the workstation."
1. Press the Windows + R keys to open the Run dialog, type gpedit.msc, and press Enter. If prompted by UAC, click on Yes.
2. Navigate to Local Computer Policy > Windows Settings > Security Settings > Local Policies > Security Options
3. Modify the following two policies to set the message title and text you want to appear when a user starts the workstation:
Interactive Logon: Message text for users attempting to log on
Interactive Logon: Message title for users attempting to log on
Novell CoolSolutions Cool Tool
Executing the Novell Cool Solutions Cool Tool "Box.exe" in the login script "creates an attention-getting message box from the login-script."
1. Download Box.exe. https://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/tools/13528.html
2. Copy Box.exe to the sys:public directory (or other location available while logging in)
3. Configure the login script to run box.exe, such as
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for NetIQ/Novell/SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:7014433
- Creation Date:20-JAN-14
- Modified Date:20-JAN-14
- NovellClient for Open Enterprise Server (Client)
Did this document solve your problem? Provide Feedback