csmport -i fails with "Cluster ID doesn't match."
This document (7014770) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
The "in memory" value is the Novell Cluster Services Panning ID and is cached in /var/opt/novell/ncs/gipc.conf. These steps can be used to modify the Panning ID
- In iManager open the properties of the cluster services object
- Within the NCS:GIPC Config attribute, change the Panning ID to match the value on disk
- Stop novell-ncs on all cluster nodes (NCS must be unloaded on all nodes at the same time)
- Load novell-ncs on all cluster nodes
See TID 3075104 for more information on modifying the Panning ID.
The "on disk" value is stored at the beginning of the device. These steps can be used to view and modify the value on disk.
dd iflag=direct count=1 bs=512 if=/dev/sdi | xxd > /tmp/csm (replace /dev/sdi with the correct device)
- Make a backup copy of /tmp/csm
- Write the contents of /tmp/csm to disk
xxd -r /tmp/csm | dd oflag=direct count=1 bs=512 of=/dev/sdi (replace /dev/sdi with the correct device)
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for NetIQ/Novell/SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:7014770
- Creation Date:20-MAR-14
- Modified Date:20-MAR-14
- NovellCluster ServicesOpen Enterprise Server
Did this document solve your problem? Provide Feedback