How to restrict ldap login while allowing access to GroupWise mail
This document (7015534) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
Novell Data Synchronizer Mobility Pack
Novell GroupWise 2014
Novell GroupWise 2012
Novell GroupWise 8
Block network / PC authentication, permit GroupWise authentication
Please follow the steps below to allow access to GroupWise during a restricted login time:
- Switch the User Authentication Method from Bind to Compare on the LDAP Authentication settings of the LDAP Server:
- (GroupWise 2014) GroupWise Administration Console | System | LDAP Servers | Select the LDAP Server to Edit | Select the LDAP Authentication tab | switch from Bind to Compare.
- (GroupWise 8 - 2012) Console One | Tools | GroupWise System Operations | LDAP Servers | Select the LDAP Server to Edit | Switch from Bind to Compare
- If any changes were made, restart the POA(s).
- Administration | Settings | User Source | Authentication to use GroupWise.
For more details, see Changing between LDAP and GroupWise as the User Source.
- If any change was made, restart gms: rcgms restart.
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for NetIQ/Novell/SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:7015534
- Creation Date:14-AUG-14
- Modified Date:14-AUG-14
- NovellData SynchronizerGroupWise
Did this document solve your problem? Provide Feedback