Features Introduced in Reflection for Secure IT Windows Server 7.2 and Release Notes
This document (7022022) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
This technical note outlines the new features available in Reflection for Secure IT Windows Server 7.2 (released September 2010), as well as product release notes.
Note: For information about Reflection for Secure IT 8.0 Server for Windows (released November 2012) new features and release notes, see Technical Note 2642.
Reflection for Secure IT Windows Server 7.2 New Features
The following new features are included in Reflection for Secure IT Windows Server 7.2:
- The keyboard-interactive title can be suppressed.
- You can specify the location of the server configuration files on any local drive.
- The Host certificate section on the Identity tab of the server console is disabled by default.
- The Password Cache has been replaced with a secure database called the Credential Cache to store user credentials used for accessing network resources.
- The Domain Access credentials are stored in the Credential Cache.
- You can specify credentials to use when accessing SFTP directories (for file transfer) and mapped drives (terminal sessions), thus allowing users to access resources that are not available with their own credentials.
- You can map a drive to a network path for use during a terminal session.
- You can restrict the number of allowed connections per user.
- Domain user authentication is faster in some environments.
- The allowed number of simultaneous connections is increased.
- DNS reverse lookup is now correctly processed when using Client Host and User access controls.
- Support for Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 x86_64 enables you to run Reflection for Secure IT on the latest Windows Server platform.
- You can specify passphrase (-P or –passphrase) option with the ssh-certtool utility.
- The maximum packet size conforms to the SSH Transport RFC (RFC4253).
Resolved Issues in 7.2
The following issues were resolved in Reflection for Secure IT Windows Server 7.2:
- The Reflection for Secure IT installer no longer generates a “Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC80.MFCLOC could not be found” Event Viewer error.
- The "Could not access directory <removable_storage_drive>" Event Viewer warning message logged when connecting to a chrooted virtual directory (/=$drive) has been removed.
- Navigating to a directory using a relative path (../<directory>) no longer fails with the sftp client.
- A memory leak in password cache migration has been addressed.
- The Reflection for Secure IT Windows Server service is not installed as an interactive service.
- A memory leak in LSASS.EXE with sftp connections to a UNC drive has been addressed.
- The directory permissions required for a chrooted virtual directory are the same as in earlier version 6.1.x.
- Uploading a file with the SSH Tectia Client no longer produces an “Error: Connection lost” message.
- The warning "RemoteLogServer for RSSHAP xxx Event data size is unreasonable, ignoring event" no longer appears in the Event Viewer.
- Network sessions no longer remain idle on the file server with public key authentication to a UNC home directory.
- Non-administrator local users are now able to connect via public key authentication to the server running on Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2.
- The password option "Delay between tries" does not affect simultaneous connection attempts using other authentication methods such as public key.
Obtaining Your Product Upgrade
Maintained customers are eligible to download the latest product releases from the Attachmate Download Library web site: https://download.attachmate.com/Upgrades/.
You will be prompted to login and accept the Software License Agreement before you can select and download a file. For more information on using the Download Library web site, see Technical Note 0200.
For information about purchasing Reflection for Secure IT, please e-mail us: SalesRecept@attachmate.com.
For information about Reflection for Secure IT supported platforms, see Technical Note 1944.
Installing or Upgrading to Reflection for Secure IT Windows Server 7.2 References
For information about installing and upgrading Reflection for Secure IT Windows Server 7.2, see the Installing and Upgrading topics in the User Guide, which is available in the product or from the documentation page, http://support.attachmate.com/manuals/rsit_win_server.html.
Legacy KB ID
This document was originally published as Attachmate Technical Note 2518.
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for NetIQ/Novell/SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:7022022
- Creation Date:02-SEP-10
- Modified Date:02-MAR-18
- NovellReflection for Secure IT Server for Windows
Did this document solve your problem? Provide Feedback