Reflection for Secure IT 8.2 Server for Windows - New Features and Release Notes
This document (7022025) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
Note the following:
New Features in 8.2
The following new features are included in Reflection for Secure IT 8.2 Server for Windows:
- You can now configure Post Transfer Actions (PTAs) to run after files have been successfully uploaded to the server. A PTA is a program that is invoked on the server and can be configured to perform on all uploaded files or on files that match a filter specification.
- A new Process Priority setting is available. Process priority controls the amount of CPU the Reflection for Secure IT Server uses relative to other processes running on the computer. If your server consumes too much CPU (usually during the transfer of large files), you can adjust this setting to improve the server's responsiveness to other processes.
- You can now configure SFTP accessible directories for locations that do not yet exist. These directories are now created as needed.
- The latest audit log file can now be opened from the Reflection for Secure IT Console using a new toolbar button.
- DSA public keys between 1024 and 3072 bits are now accepted while in FIPS Mode.
- The default maximum number of connections has been increased from 60 to 500.
- Support for Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 on Intel or equivalent, 64-bit has been added.
Resolved Issues in 8.2
The following issues were resolved in Reflection for Secure IT 8.2 Server for Windows:
- The “Allow log on locally” right is no longer required for domain users to access shared network folders.
- Time stamps are now preserved when transferring files with an SFTP client that uses the SFTP v3 protocol.
- “User AUTH” messages are now properly logged. To record these events in the debug log, the log level must be set to Protocol details or Custom with LOG_T_USERAUTH enabled.
- The "[Warning] RemoteLogServer for xxxx Connection terminated by socket source error" event is no longer logged when a client disconnects successfully.
- Uploading a file larger than 2GB using the OpenSSH SCP client is now supported.
- The group column is now displayed when performing a long directory listing (ls -l) from the SFTP prompt.
- Raw data containing escape characters can now be passed through an SSH session.
- VT function keys F5 through F12 are now properly passed through to the host application when connected via SSH.
- An SSH connection no longer disconnects with “Process terminated with exit code 3221226519.” This condition only occurred after executing a remote SSH command over 150,000 times.
- The OpenSSL Cryptographic Module has been updated to include the latest OpenSSL release 1.0.1i.
For current information about security alerts and advisories that may affect Reflection for Secure IT, see Technical Note 2288.
Obtaining the Product
Maintained customers are eligible to download the latest product releases from the Attachmate Downloads website: https://download.attachmate.com/Upgrades/.
You will be prompted to login and accept the Software License Agreement before you can select and download a file. For more information on using the Attachmate Downloads website, see Technical Note 0200.
For information about Reflection for Secure IT supported platforms, see Technical Note 1944.
Installing or Upgrading to 8.2
For information about installing and upgrading Reflection for Secure IT 8.2 Server for Windows, see the Installing and Upgrading topics in the User Guide, which is available in the product or from the documentation page, http://support.attachmate.com/manuals/rsit_win_server.html.
Legacy KB ID
This document was originally published as Attachmate Technical Note 2746.
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for NetIQ/Novell/SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:7022025
- Creation Date:05-OCT-17
- Modified Date:11-FEB-18
- NovellReflection for Secure IT Server for Windows
Did this document solve your problem? Provide Feedback