Updating other Primaries and adding new Primaries fails after first appliance is migrated to ZENworks 2017
This document (7022432) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
ZENworks Configuration Management 2017 System Update
ZENworks Configuration Management 2017 Installation - Server
Embedded OEM Sybase Database
- The embedded Sybase database is running on the ZENworks 2017 Virtual Appliance
- The appliance server with the database has been migrated to ZENworks 2017 from the ZENworks 11.4.x Virtual Appliance
- Upgrading other Primary Servers in the zone fails
- Adding new Primary Servers to the zone fails
- The Embedded Audit database port (2639) remains blocked on the appliance hosting the database
The following is seen in jetty.stderrout.out:
[qtp1232367853-14] INFO com.novell.admin.zen.server.utils.AdditionalPrimaryUtils - isZoneAuthConfigureAction:true
[qtp1232367853-14] ERROR com.novell.admin.zen.server.validation.utils.ZoneDetailsValidator - problem in authenticating to zonecom.novell.zenworks.configure.DatabaseInfoException: Unable to contact the database server. The database address specified by the parent primary server can not be resolved
by this server. This usually indicates either a DNS resolution problem or that the database server could not be reached
from this server. Try specifying your first primary server as the parent of this server.
On the Primary Server hosting the Audit Database, manually open the Audit Database port (2639) in the SUSE Firewall with YaST.
If assistance is required, please contact Micro Focus Customer Care.
StatusReported to Engineering
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for NetIQ/Novell/SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:7022432
- Creation Date:05-DEC-17
- Modified Date:05-DEC-17
- NovellZENworks Configuration Management
Did this document solve your problem? Provide Feedback